Nowadays the system “smart home” is gaining popularity among the residents of our country. However, among a large number of undeniable advantages it has one drawback – a rather high cost, which is not suitable to everyone. That is why many people prefer to configure the system on their own using special programs. Designed specifically for “smart home”, they are quite easy to set up and use. Today you can find some of the most popular options on the market, which will help you to save a lot of money. You do not even need to have any special skills for this. It is enough to spend a little time to understand how all devices and subsystems work.
What is “smart home”?
For many people, a system called “smart home” means adding convenience, security and functionality to your home. Its essence is that it is able to make a person’s life much easier. By making all the necessary settings, the system will automatically turn off the light in rooms where no one is in, electrical appliances that are not in use, floor heating, etc. If you wish, you can make your morning more pleasant by setting an alarm clock and turning on the automatic coffee brewing mode in the coffee machine.
The main thing to take care of in order to get the best possible result is to connect all the necessary functions in one system. After that, with the help of a special remote control you can easily manage the program as you wish. This technology is especially relevant for those who are bored day in and day out to solve a variety of household tasks. Especially in today’s world, when many people prefer to work from home, they want to optimize their space there as best as possible.
For these reasons, many countries in Europe have long been practicing setting up a “smart home”. With the right wiring, you will be able to control the entire room and thus save energy and time. The technology is able to combine the most important systems in your home, such as:
- Luminaires that will be switched off in rooms where no one is currently present. In this way, you can save a lot of energy and money.
- The microclimate of the room, which controls the ventilation, air conditioning and heating of the building. The advantage of this feature is that you can set a different temperature in each individual room at your discretion. In addition, the Smart Home system offers control over underfloor heating, heating in greenhouses, swimming pools, etc.
- Security systems to help protect your home from intruders. In addition, you will be able to control many emergency situations. The Smart Home system includes fire alarms, gas leak detection, plumbing, wiring and much more.
- Video and audio control. You can listen to music that is turned on in one room, in all the other rooms of the house.
- A variety of devices are used to regulate the program: remote control, interroom switches, touch panels, smartphones and devices on Android and IOS, etc. In this way, you can spend much less time on domestic problems, focusing exclusively on the most important ones.
Preparing to mount a “smart home
“The “smart home” system itself is quite complex and requires a long organization. The process of installation of all programs consists of multiple stages, in which both the direct owner of the house and the designer of the room, and various contractors involved in repair work. The best option would be to use specialized services that are involved in the installation of smart home system. They can also specify a smart house installation cost, so that you know exactly what it costs to install. Another point that should be discussed at this stage is to set a time frame when everything should be done. This will help to avoid problematic situations in the future.